Saturday 5 September 2009

Birthday Day

It's my birthday today and the second one my babbie has been around for. Get a real thrill out of receiving cheesy Hallmark-style cards that say 'to mum' or 'to mummy' on. What can I say? Inside my hippy exterior there's a Disney-loving, magic weaving kiddie that loves all that stuff.

Darling Bobo (the man) made a super fry up for breakfast and Cloud stood next to me on the bench and snuggled in, giving lots of his special kisses. He could tell it was my special day!

I am enjoying a glass of champagne - yes, I know it's early in the morning, but this is my birthday indulgence.

My mum and brother arriving tonight, so will put something in the slow cooker, make sure we have enough wine, and line up the board games. My ideal birthday!

I read my tarot cards last night. I used to do this a lot but haven't touched them for well over a year or so. A lot of stuff came up, although it's always hard to objectively read your own cards. There was definitely a part about the future bringing female friendship and a new creative venture via communication tool. So I'm thinking, perhaps this blog? I really do crave contact with some other like-minded mothers out there, and some of the blogs I've been reading are really engaging and inspiring - I particularly like The Carried Family.

1 comment: